Monday, March 24, 2014

Write Your Dream Book

Write That Book

Do you have a dream of writing a book, or have you started writing one already? Have you asked yourself or thought of where to start from? If you answered yes to the above questions then this post is for your reading.

ImageYou could have a good story to tell in your book but if care is not taken, that good story could be told badly. Your book could also be marred not only with spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors, but could also be typed with the wrong spacing and with the wrong margins. With a little more effort on your part however, it could be a good story told well.

You may want to search your local library to see if you could find a book or two about how to write a book. You may or may not find any, and may be contemplating how to surmount this seemingly daunting task of writing your book.
When I wrote my first book “Exploits of Wisdom”, no single book helped, but a few did. The purpose of this and next few posts will be to try to address some of the things I wish I had known early on in my writing. What is surprising is that even if you know how to write and have taken classes on writing, a book is a unique creature.

If you’ve already written a book, you probably know how to begin book two, which is not to say you can’t learn more, but these series of posts starts where someone who is either in the throes of their first book or about to start needs help.

My first goal is to encourage you to write your book. My second goal is to show you how to make it better.  Although I will tend to describe the novel, I hope that if you are working on any other book length format, you’ll find equal help, including screenplays and stage plays. So when I say book, take it in the most general sense.

Have you always wanted to write a book? Then write it. It is as simple as that and blunt yet the truth.
So, if you have asked “Where do I start? What do I do next?” here is my answer: write your book. Write your first page, then the second, then the third . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment